Kerrie’s Gin n Tonic Cake
Got a BBQ your going to or some friends and family coming to yours delight them with this easy bake gluten-free summer cake!
You can add a drop of cream if you want indulgence!
You will need a lined 1 kg loaf tin.
4 medium eggs
8 25ml shots of your favorite gin
Dash of tonic water (optional, but tasty)
150g granulated sugar
(Lemon juice, to season if you want more of a bite to the flavor)
Weigh the eggs and measure these ingredients to the same weight:
Preheat the oven to 180c
1. In a mixing bowl add the caster sugar and butter, cream together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs in and beat the mixture until combined.
3. Sieve in the flour and add the zest of both lemons and mix.
4. Next, add 3-4 shots of gin and the juice of one lemon, stir mixture until smooth.
5. Pour into the 1kg lined loaf tin and place in the middle of the oven for 35 – 40 minutes, or until the cake passes the knife test.
6. Place on a cooling rack.
7. Mix the remainder of the gin, granulated sugar, tonic and the juice from the second lemon in a bowl until you have a consistent mixture. (I added some extra lemon juice that I had in the cupboard too as I love lemon).
8. Prick the surface of the cake with a fork.
9. Pour the mixture over the cake and allow to soak in.
10. Enjoy your delicious cake! with a gin!
I used a wheat free flour doves and dairy free butter pure and it was the best cake I had tasted for those allergies.
The cake was as delicious Give it a try and let me know what you think.